This has been a challenging year for our communities.
Queens has been devastated by COVID-19, and the economic crisis it ushered in. We have lost our loved ones, our neighbors, and our livelihoods. As our small businesses and mom and pops are getting wiped out, big corporations are swooping in. All of this is putting an enormous amount of pressure on people; many who were already struggling. People here in Queens are working themselves to the bone, risking their own lives to go to work so they can put food on the table.
- We need solutions.
- We need strong plans.
- We need real leadership.
- We need to revitalize small businesses and create a new economy for Queens.
- We need aid that goes directly to our local businesses.
- We need to create affordable housing.
- We need to protect small homeowners from losing their homes.
- We need a Queens Green New Deal.
- We need a new vision and a commitment to keeping our communities safe as we reimagine how we invest in our borough.